Born of tradition. Raised by originality. A potent combination of experience & elbow grease. Fitzke Paddleboards seamlessly melds them all with stunning results.
A timeless look perfected by modern-day technique.
The inspiration for our first board—The Bootlegger—can be found roughly 100 years in the past. Based on the designs of prohibition-era airplanes and wood boats from the 1920’s and 30's, The Bootlegger is fast, tracks very straight and, most importantly, features a water-resistant storage compartment that’s tucked into the front of the board. This hiding spot is the signature element of The Bootlegger, and is perfect for storing everything from sandals, a jacket, an on-the-water picnic, to your phone (in a plastic bag), wallet, keys or perhaps your favorite bottle of booze.
Featuring a touring-style design, The Bootlegger made from the best marine-grade mahogany plywood money can buy. It’s sleek and takes advantage of the finest techniques in woodcraft. The Bootlegger is built with less than 10% solid wood, assuring minimal-to-zero wood expansion due to weather and climate change. This guarantees no wood and joinery splitting or cracks due to moisture change. When all the wood is set, we hand-paint the graphics and employ a buffing sequence on the varnish for a museum-quality shine. The result is a stunningly beautiful board that’s perfect for the advanced-beginner to intermediate rider.
BUILT BY HAND
There’s nothing quite like The Bootlegger on the water today. And not just because the design itself is patent-pending, but each one of our models is built to order—by hand.
The only question that remains is what will you store in your Bootlegger?
BOOTLEGGER BOARD CONSTRUCTION
- Made using European 1088 Standards and Lloyds Registered Marine Grade Mahogany Plywood.
- Features cold-molding building techniques for a water-tight seal.
- A two-part epoxy is used for all joinery. This adhesive has 8500 psi tensile strength and 13,200 psi flexural strength.
- The board has a fiberglass epoxy bottom and epoxy resin-impregnated sides and top, ensuring a water-tight seal and the ultimate in strength.
- Marine grade wood stain, varnish and paint.
- Ergonomic 5mm-thick SeaDek standing pad.
- Aluminum and PVC base rubber trim keeps paddle dents and transportation scratches to an absolute minimum.
- Synthetic molded fin, fin box and carry handle.
Overall Length: 12' 6"
Overall Width: 29 3/4"
Width at Waterline: 27"
A few color options for the standing pad, painted checkered pattern and wood stain are available at no additional cost
* Bespoke branding and graphic designs are available *
- Wood grain will vary -
Inquire about board pricing, delivery options and general questions